Thursday, June 22, 2017

Why You're Not Losing Weight - 5 Unexpected Weight Loss Tips

*Disclosure: please keep in mind that this post contains links to products in my online store!
When you buy something through such a link, I will earn money from it. 

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not here to tell you that you SHOULD lose weight. I think society's standards are ridiculous. People just have different body types, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But sometimes it just doesn't feel like your body is as healthy as it could be. I know what it's like, I used to feel that way, too. I was never that interested in losing weight, but I did want to have more energy and make sure that my body was in its healthiest shape.

Now that I've reached my ideal weight, I would like to show you a few tips to help you take better care of your body, too. Always do this for your health and from a place of love, not a place of self-hatred. Make sure to also eliminate any negativity and toxic feelings towards yourself or your body from your diet! That is healthier than any type of diet change. Which takes me to the first advice...

1 Try softer, more calming methods of exercise

Usually the first thing that overweight people will hear from others is: EXERCISE! In theory this is very good advice. The problem is that so many of us who want to lose weight get the idea that we have to struggle as hard as possible. We try to stay at the gym for as long as possible and look for the most intense workouts we can handle. Yet despite all this effort, we still feel disappointed when we step on the scale, since nothing seems to have changed.

Most of us don't realize that pushing yourself too much when exercising is actually counterproductive. You see, when your exercise routine is very hard and intense, you usually feel stressed out. You also burn many calories all at once. That's why your body starts to think you're actually on the run for some predator animal or something and goes into survival mode!

When your body goes into survival mode, it produces the stress hormone cortisol. This hormone is meant to keep you alive in times of scarcity. That's why cortisol actually causes your body to store fat! Do you see the problem here?

Thankfully, the solution is simple. Look for gentle and calming exercise regimes rather than the super intense ones and see if it helps. I would recommend Yoga With Adriene's Youtube channel for this. Her yoga practices are so much fun and you can do them by yourself at home. Yoga is very calming, so it will stop you from producing stress hormones. But at the same time, your body does get enough exercise.

If you want to read more about what I just explained, I would recommend reading Don't Let Anything Dull Your Sparkle by Doreen Virtue. Next to healthy exercise, it also discusses dealing with drama addiction and negativity.

2 Switch soft drinks and fruit juice with fruit water

This might sound hard at first if you really love soft drinks, but trust me, you'll definitely get used to it. You don't need to go cold turkey on Coca Cola or Sprite altogether. But you can simply drink these things once or twice a week instead of every day.

Also, fruit juice might look healthy, but it's not nearly as healthy as eating an entire banana or apple. In fact, most fruit juice contains just as much sugar as soft drinks! That's because juice companies add lots of sugar to it and since you drink it instead of chewing, it's hard for your body to process.

To be honest I hardly ever drink soft drinks or juice anymore, because I'm no longer used to how sweet these drinks are! Before I didn't even notice the flavor that much, but when you only drink water the sweetness becomes really apparent and you may not even like it anymore. Water is very good for your health and weight, because it cleanses the body of stuff it doesn't need.

If you get bored with water though, don't worry, there's a simple solution: just put some pieces of fruit in the jug! If you leave a piece of lemon or strawberry in the water for a while, the flavor of the fruit will make it sweeter in a natural way. You can also use herbs, if you want. Here are some recipes.



3 Use Aloe Vera to cleanse your body 

Sometimes our diet changes just don't seem to have an effect. That's because our body has been storing unhealthy toxins for so long. It takes a long time for your body to cleanse these toxins on the inside, before you can see any effect on the outside. There is a natural superhero plant for this, though! Gel removed from the Aloe Vera plant is full of antioxidants and cleanses the toxins in your intestines. At the same time, it contains about 200 wholesome nutrients for your body.

Because the excess toxins are cleansed from your body, many people lose weight very quickly when they drink Aloe Vera gel daily. This effect is even stronger because Aloe Vera also speeds up your metabolism.  In addition to that, most people report getting this huge energy boost! That's because of all the nutrients that Aloe Vera contains. The layer in your intestines that blocks all the healthy stuff you eat is cleansed, so all the nutrients can be absorbed by your body properly.

I can help you follow a safe and healthy Aloe Vera program, the C9 cleansing program. If you are interested, just send me an email in the "Contact" section or go to this website (then click on "Shop" and then on "Forever F.I.T"). I will guide you over email or in real life to help you get the best results.

If you want to take care of your digestive system and get more energy, you could also try a bottle of stabilised aloe vera gel. Since I started drinking this, I no longer have a problem waking up at 6 in the morning! You can try it here, by clicking on "Shop" and then "Forever Aloe Drinks".

4 Reduce meat and dairy products 


Over the past year, I've slowly eliminated meat and dairy products from my diet. My original reasons for doing so were my love for animals, helping the environment and reducing my acne. But I was surprised to find that after a few months of changing my diet one product at a time, my body also looked a lot thinner!

Again, you don't need to eliminate every piece of meat or glass of milk from your diet. You can simply replace your hamburger with a veggie burger once or twice a week. Instead of eating real yoghurt, you can try to eat soy based yoghurt sometimes. First, please make sure you are not allergic or intolerant to soy, however! Be careful with yourself.

Many people think that I have very limited food options, since I don't eat anything with meat or dairy in it. The truth is, sometimes I hardly notice that I made this change at all. These days there's a huge variety of meat replacements that are just as good as the real thing, so I rarely feel like I'm missing something. And I love my soy milk and coconut yoghurt.

Only on birthdays, when other people eat cake, it can be a problem, but then they just give me a bag of chips instead, which is good, too ;)


5 Stay positive

Again I want to emphasize how important self love is. I couldn't stress this enough! Your brains and your body are directly connected with each other. Time after time, the medical world has shown how influential your beliefs, or the placebo effect, are on your body.

So maybe the reason why your body won't change no matter what you do, is all the hate you send it. Do you perform well on tests or other tasks when you're constantly being criticized? No, probably not, because hate never does any good. Hate only hurts you and your body. Only love can heal.

Like I said before, stress can make your body believe it is in danger and take measures to survive. This includes storing more fat. Stress is also super unhealthy. What more excuses do you need to take more baths with lavender or Lush bath bombs? ;)

And think about it. If you can learn to love yourself now, in the body that you're in right now... Then do you even need to lose weight at all? No, because your self worth and mood no longer depend on what your body looks like! Then you will truly be free, because you love yourself unconditionally.

Of course self love is a journey, so don't feel bad if you're not quite there yet. Just take small steps every day, with things like journalling, meditation and positive affirmations. If you need support, feel free to send me a message on my social media anytime, you don't need to do this alone.


This was my little list of tips to help you with your body weight and health! Do you have any more advice?

Wishing you a fantastic week,


~Mayte ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭*

10 comments:

  1. I defo think staying positive does help, it motivates you to keep carrying on x

    LAURA ­| Laura Thinks About

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I agree with you, I wish more people would stay positive instead of being hard on themselves.

      - xoxo Mayte ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ

      Delete
  2. Lovely tips! I´m doing precisely these things. Rather to be healthy in a good and slow way than doing something which can harm your body :) ❀

    Wanna follow each other? Lemme know :)

    ❀ Blippo Giveaway ❀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you have a healthy mentality about this! ♡
      Sure, I'll take a look at your blog (๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)

      - xoxo Mayte ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ

      Delete
  3. I love these tips and your blog!! Recently I've been having trouble losing some weight, though cutting out meat and dairy has definitely helped me :) Also thanks for following me! ^_^ >>>katculture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that means a lot to me! ♡ I'm glad you like it!
      And no problem, I love your blog! ♡

      - xoxo Mayte ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ

      Delete
  4. HI, lovely article. Thanks for sharing these tips.
    www.photosbycris.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! ♡

      - xoxo Mayte ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ

      Delete
  5. Lovely post!!! Thank you for sharing.....
    Sylwia,
    www.passion4luxus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad you like it!

      - xoxo Mayte ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ

      Delete