Sunday, May 7, 2017

Dear Diary: Herbs, Flowers and Brocante


Hello, dear person who is reading this ♡

Though my night was difficult because of scary dreams, my day was entirely the opposite. It felt like a beautiful dream, because it was filled with flowers in all the colors of the rainbow. Before you think I did something super special: no, not really, I just went to the garden center. But I enjoy all the beauty that can be found in everyday places like that. To me, those things are what makes life special.

For years already, I've wanted to learn more about herbs and plants. Witchcraft in particular has always fascinated me and when I was a child my mother already let me read books about the subject. Therefore, learning the healing powers of plants and herbs has always been a small life goal for me. Wouldn't it be so cool to be that knowledgeable person who can name all the plants wherever they go?


This morning I finally started to read a book about the subject, that I got from the library yesterday. It's called "The Magical Powers of Herbs and Plants". The first part of the book has an entire section on the history of plant healing and folklore, which interests me a lot as a history major. Later in the book there are pictures of plants with their ascribed powers next to them.

Tip: if you don't know a lot about plants I recommend reading the last part first, so you can read the historical background while actually knowing what plants the author is referring to. At least I wish I had done that, since unfortunately my plant knowledge is very minimal. Still, I love the book because of its beautiful images.

My family and I moved about a year ago, and the garden of the new house hardly had any plants when we got there. Now that the weather is growing warmer we are very busy planting new flowers and plant life everywhere. I love to see how our quiet garden is evolving from a brick desert to a more colorful and living place. Today we went to the garden center to buy a rue, which helps keep cats away from our flowers. I saw many beautiful things there.







Lovely flowers in a basket always remind me of young fairytale princesses who pick flowers in the lush fields of their kingdom. I would love to go out into nature in a lovely summer dress and take a basket with me to carry fruit or flowers. How enchanting this basket would look in a home or garden. I'd love to buy it as a present for someone kind.



I decided to wear my pink jelly shoes today, since it was really sunny outside. At first I didn't think they looked so nice on me anymore, but now I realized that they actually look a lot cuter with pants instead of tights. I'm also wearing pink socks with glitter, but you can't really see that in the picture, I'm sorry to say.


When I saw this strange flower pot, I thought that it would be nice to have a head like that! I was reminded of the sayings that go like "Only grow positive thoughts in your mind". The person looks very happy to me. I imagined that this is what your brains will look like if you meditate often. However, I think there are already many pretty flowers in my brain right now. I like to think that this is what my brain already looks like, despite the weeds that pop up sometimes.


Inside the store they also have an adorable brocante-like section that I love to go to. Even though many people might find it too girly, I've known for a very long time that when I live alone my home will be decorated with elements of this style. This time they had very beautiful statues of Mary, which I would love to have in my room. Then it would feel as if there's always a friend in the house. And I love the slightly funny quote. Always look forward to the weekend!




Cute cakes and angel boxes to store things in. I imagine they would be nice for children's jewelry or other items that hold precious memories. I love things with angels on them, so cute. If I lived by myself I would probably buy way too many pink and sweet things like this and no one would want to go to my house anymore, except for living cotton candies! Actually, who am I kidding, nobody in my life would even be surprised by it anymore. Just be yourself!


The quote on the vase probably sums up this blog post full of flowers accurately: "I must have flowers always & always". I think these two would look beautiful as a set. Lastly, I would like to share some pictures of my outfit today.


This is what I wore today. Sorry about my wild hair from the wind. My top and pants are thrifted. My shoes are from Primark and my bag is from Swimmer. The jacket is a hand-me-down from my mother and she also bought my scarf at C&A. I love my scarf, because it has ladybugs on it.

That was my little diary entry for today. I hope you also had a nice Sunday. Do you like to look at flowers?

Wishing you a week full of miracles,

~Mayte ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭*

 macaronheart

angelteaparties

P.S. Click here to see this week's card reading if you're interested. 

2 comments:

  1. This was such a cute post, all the flower photos are lovely! And I love how colourful your outfit is, that bag! <3
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really nice of you!! <3 I'm glad you like it! Have a great day!
      - xoxo Mayte ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ

      Delete