Monday, March 13, 2017

Collage: Blue Fairy of the Forest

Blue Fairy of the Forest

"When the winds of March are wakening the crocuses and crickets,
Did you ever find a fairy near some budding little thickets,...
And when she sees you creeping up to get a closer peek
She tumbles through the daffodils, a playing hide and seek."
- Marjorie Barrows

In my "Daily Life of a Doll" post I wrote that I'd love to make a sort of collection of collages with dress up dolls. Often I forget about ideas like that after a while, but these collages are a lot of fun to make. At the time I made this one, I was listening to interviews of the World Angel Summit with Doreen Virtue and other spiritual teachers, so my mind was full of angels, fairies and other magical things. That's why this dress up doll turned into a forest fairy.

Now that we're approaching springtime here, more and more flowers pop up to make the cities more colorful. This is my favorite time of the year, because seeing the snowdrops and crocuses while I'm on my bike in the morning makes me so incredibly happy! Flowers always remind me of fairies, since many movies and books show fairies living in flowers or taking care of them. I think fairies are like nature spirits. I feel like these magical beings also very connected to crystals, which is why I added some of these sparkly friends to the collage.

The above fairy's name is Bluebell and she likes to wear blue and lavender. Her thin wings emanate the scent of pine trees and the sea, and her eyes always sparkle. The mischievous fairy's favorite activity is to dance near a river in the moonlight together with the forest creatures. She also likes to play jokes on her friends. However, if one of her friends - or a nearby human - feels sad, she always manages to lift their spirits.


Though fairies have always fascinated me, unfortunately I'm afraid they no longer like me so much, since my parents recently took down a tree in our garden! However, my parents meant well: they just wanted to make room for new trees and plants. Maybe if we do our best to be as environmentally conscious as possible, they might forgive us some day?

Wishing you a magical and fantastic week,

~Mayte ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭*


P.S. I did an oracle card reading for this week, click here if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment