Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Cardcaptor Sakura Mood Boards


Hello dear readers ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ

These days I'm sort of busy with exams and papers. Please don't worry, the materials I have to study are really interesting, so I don't mind at all. It just leaves less time to write blog posts for you, sorry! However, when I have free time I still like to put together little mood boards with pictures from Polyvore and WeHeartIt to wind down, so I thought I'd share some of them with you!

I had the idea to create mood boards around Cardcaptor Sakura. It's one of my favorite anime. I love to listen to the soundtrack while studying, since many of the songs are so dreamy and beautiful. Did you know that CLAMP made a sequel to the manga, called Clear Card-hen? It started in 2016, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Cardcaptor Sakura. I never expected that to happen and it makes me super happy. Do you think they will also make an anime adaptation?

I made two mood boards this time, one for Sakura and one for Tomoyo. I might make more in the future, if I have time?

Outfit for Sakura 

Named from the beautiful flower that blooms in the spring

"I believe, 
and with just that, 
there is nothing I can't overcome."
- Sakura Kinomoto

Actually, I think the idea started because this skirt from MILK reminded me of Cardcaptor Sakura so much! It probably has to do with the color scheme, pink and yellow, which is definitely my favorite color scheme at the moment. Also, the motif reminds me of Sakura's Star Wand and the patterns that appear all around her when she releases her wands' powers.

The leather backpack reminded me of Sakura's randoseru, a type of backpack Japanese children often wear to school. And I don't know why, but the boots also looked like they were made for Sakura to me. Maybe it's because of the bows that they look slightly like the shoes Tomoyo always makes Sakura wear. I only added the unicorn accessories because they fitted with the outfit so well, sorry! Do you think Sakura would like unicorns? She does like plushies a lot.


Mood board for Tomoyo 

In the gentle night, I sing this song alone

"The greatest happiness
is when the one you love
is happy." 
- Tomoyo Daidouji

Maybe it's silly, but my favorite songs from the Cardcaptor Sakura soundtrack are definitely the songs Tomoyo sings for the school choir, Tomoe, Yasashisa no Tane and Yoru no Uta. Her voice is so angelic and calming. Because of Yoru no Uta, she always reminds me of the night sky. When I think of Tomoyo I also think of her selflessness and her ability to somehow understand everyone just from observing them. 

Because she's such an angelic person I always picture her wearing white clothing and holding small white flowers in her hand. Of course she always has her camera with her, too. I imagine her to be the kind of person who is always looking at old pictures she took and daydreaming about the memories they hold.



Thank you so much for reading my post! Did you recognize the characters in these mood boards? Or would you make them completely differently?

Wishing you the most wonderful week possible,

~Mayte ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭*


P.S. Another song I love from the Cardcaptor Sakura OST is Shiawase no Sakura Namiki. So dreamy!
P.S.S. Click here if you're interested in this week's oracle card reading ♡ 

No comments:

Post a Comment