Sunday, February 26, 2017

Virtual Fashion: Daily Life of a Doll

Daily life of a doll


Actually, I already started making this fashion collage about a year ago. The concept I had in mind was to make a digital dress up doll and I was planning to maybe make a collection with more dolls like this. Despite technically being an adult, I still love fashion dolls and miniature things. Kinoko Juice dolls are definitely one of my favorite types of dolls, their faces are so adorable and they have a cute pastel aesthetic! That's why I wanted to build a fashion collage around them.

However, for this particular collage I found it hard to find a background that matched my mental image, so for a while I forgot about this idea that I was so excited about at first. But now that I've stumbled upon a background that fits my idea, I think it's about time to get this collage out of my Polyvore drafts.

When I started this collage, I wanted to give the doll a cute name, like Rosie or Charlotte. As you can see, she lives her own life. She's going to work and her bag is full of things she uses during the day: makeup, food, stationery, and of course her earphones, so she can listen to cheerful J-pop songs. She lives in a colorful and busy city.

Though her fashion style is suitable for a doll, it isn't something many humans would wear. But she's a strong girl who doesn't care about their opinion at all, because she's proud of her style. When she walks through the city, some people stare at her, but her uniqueness makes most people smile. It also encourages some people to wear what they want! Her coordinate has a rose theme. I decided to use blue to match the doll's eyes and pink to match her hair.

I would like this collage to be the first one of a series with different types of dolls, but we'll see if that works out!


Thank you so much for reading this post! Do you still like dolls?

Wishing you a fantastic week,

ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ~Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment