Saturday, November 5, 2016

Why it's good to take breaks often



Why it's good to take breaks often ♡


Last week, the following card popped up twice when I did oracle card readings for myself. 



And today, I got this card as a reminder:


                  


This message has helped me so much these days, since I'm in the middle of an exam period. I used to think I had to take as little breaks from studying as possible, so I would always get high grades. This just wasn't very good for my happiness meter! 


Our goal is the :D face!
   

So this time, I decided to follow the advice of the cards and take better care of myself. For example, I now do yoga every morning and read inspiring books every evening. And on Saturday, I take the entire day off. This is non-negotiable! 

Everyone has different needs and different things that make them happy. Whatever they are for you, I would really recommend making more time for them, for a few reasons. 


1. You will feel better


Why do we even study or work so hard in the first place? It's probably because we want to make money in the future, so we can live a happy and comfortable life. 

However, if you study or work so hard that it makes you unhappy... doesn't that kind of defeat the entire purpose? ‧˚₊*̥(* ⁰̷̴͈꒨⁰̷̴͈)‧˚₊*̥

Your happiness now is just as important as your happiness in the future. 

If we keep on procrastinating being happy, then we'll never enjoy the moment we live in. That way, happiness will stay in the future forever. 

That why it's so important to take a moment to have fun as often as possible!





2. You will be nicer to other people


When you make more time for yourself, you will probably feel more relaxed and lighthearted. You'll also have more energy, so you can be cheerful!

That will make it a lot easier to have interesting conversations with your friends or family members. People will notice that you give them your full attention, which will help them feel loved and supported.

You might also start smiling at strangers in public more often. Like this, your positive energy will be spread throughout the world.

So taking care of yourself is not selfish at all! It's actually the opposite.




3. You'll work more efficiently


When you don't take breaks often enough, you might have difficulties concentrating.

At least, this is the case for me. When I'm a little tired, I tend to waste minutes just staring at my computer screen, while my mind is somewhere else.

Taking enough rest will help you be more focused on your work. As a result, you'll be able to do the same amount of work in a smaller amount of time...

Which means even more time for fun! Yay!


It's okay to have fun!


4. You'll be healthier


Stress is pretty hard for our bodies to deal with. Because of stress, your body thinks you're in danger and tries to protect you. That's why it will start functioning a little differently than normal.

For a short time there's nothing wrong with that, but if it lasts for too long it can cause all kinds of health issues. 

Don't worry about that, though. Because fun and laughter, on the other hand, can actually help your body heal! It can even lengthen your life expectancy. 

So taking breaks to have fun is just as important for your health as exercise and healthy food. Honestly, I think it might even be more important.




5. You deserve it! (ง •̀_•́)ง


Everyone deserves to have fun. It doesn't matter how much work you get done, as long as you do your best. That's all you can do!

Nobody can work 24/7. Having fun is simply a necessary part of the human experience (or alien experience of course, if you happen to be from outer space. Everyone needs fun!).

It's your life. If anyone puts unhealthy expectations on you, please don't feel guilty if you don't meet them. You simply can't make people like that happy, no matter how hard you try.

So make sure you always listen to your heart and do what you can to make yourself happy first.






Thank you so much for reading my post! I hope you liked it.







No comments:

Post a Comment